We love when students help students, and we want you to apply to be on our Bama Transfers TEAM. TEAM stands for Transfer Engagement & Academic Mentors. We are looking for a dynamic group of transfer students to serve as ambassadors for the FYE office.
TEAM is a way for you to gain leadership experience while helping new transfer students jumpstart their experience at UA. Your role will be to connect them to all aspects of campus life – from social & academic resources to pointing them to the nearest Starbucks! Either way you choose to mentor, TEAM will allow you to gain leadership and service experience, as well as a new friend on campus.
Benefits of TEAM
- New relationships formed with incoming and current transfer students
- A chance to help a new transfer student jumpstart their UA experience
- Connection with the professional staff members in the Office of First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives
- Leadership opportunity for current transfer students
Expectations for TEAM Members
- Bama Transfer Mentors must be enrolled at UA for the entire 2021-2022 academic year (mentors must not graduate prior to Spring 2022)
- A willingness to share your transfer student experience
- Attend monthly team meetings for professional development, discuss campus experiences, and to plan transfer student programming
- Support and attend the FYE office at transfer-related UA events (i.e. Transfer Bama Bound, Transfer University Days, Admitted Tide Days, etc.)
- Advocate for transfer culture campus
- Regular attendance at FYE transfer student programming events (e.g. Week of Welcome events, monthly transfer events, Bama Transfer Student Week in October 2021)
- Commitment to active communication with the Office of First Year Experience and Retention Initiatives
2021-2022 Bama Transfers TEAM Application Timeline
April 1, 2021 – TEAM application opens
April 15, 2021 – TEAM application closes
April 21 & 22, 2021 – TEAM interviews in Russell Hall
April 30, 2021 – 2021-2022 TEAM announced
*Our office will begin matching TEAM members with new transfer students in Summer 2021. For more information, email email@example.com or call 205-348-8404.
Apply to be a TEAM member: