Before applying to be a Peer Leader, please review the requirements, responsibilities, and mandatory dates.
- Submit the completed Peer Leader application by Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Attend Spring Retreat on Sunday, March 29, 2020 from 1-4 p.m. Location TBA (on-campus).
- Attend Peer Leader and Instructor Meet and Greet on Monday, March 30, 2020 from 5 – 6 p.m.
- Enroll in UA 110- Peer Leader 101 (one-credit hour, graded course; Wednesdays afternoons at 2:00 p.m.) for the Fall 2020 academic semester.
- Attend all UA 110 meetings in Fall 2020 for evaluation, reflection, and processing of the Peer Leader experience.
- Attend all class meetings for the first year compass course in which you are assigned as a Peer Leader in Fall 2020.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with paired instructor.
- Plan and execute engagement opportunities for first-year students in your assigned course.
- Serve as mentor to first-year students.
- Serve as a role-model to first-year students.
- Assist with the instruction of first-year courses.
|Fall Forum Class ||Wednesdays from 2 - 2:50 p.m. in Fall 2020
|Application Available||February 3, 2020
|Application Deadline||February 23, 2020
|Interview Days||March 2-4, 2020
|Notify Applicants of Selection||By March 9, 2020
Apply to be a Peer Leader
2020 Peer Leader Application
Applications are due on February 23, 2020!