Before applying to be a Peer Leader, please review the requirements, responsibilities, and mandatory dates.
- Submit the completed Peer Leader application, resume, and recommendation letter by February 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Recommendation Letter Requirements: Recommendation Letter should be written by an individual who has either taught, advised, or supervised the applicant. The Recommendation Letter may not be from a family member. This Recommendation Letter should include information about the applicant’s character, professionalism, leadership abilities/qualities, communication skills, ability to work with others, and commitment to academic success. Letters should also include the contact information of the person who write the recommendation.
- Resume Requirements: Resume should include all involvement and employment information that would be relevant to the Peer Leader experience.
- Attend Spring Retreat on Saturday, March 24, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Attend Peer Leader and Instructor Meet and Greet in April 2018.
- Attend all Fall Forum meetings for evaluation, reflection, and processing of the Peer Leader experience. Peer Leaders have the option to register for the Fall Forum as a 2 credit hour graded academic course on Thursday evenings from 5 – 7 p.m.
- Attend all class meetings for the first year compass course in which you are assigned as a Peer Leader.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with paired instructor.
- Plan and execute engagement opportunities for first-year students in your assigned course.
- Serve as mentor to first-year students.
- Serve as a role-model to first-year students.
- Assist with the instruction of first-year courses.
|Peer Leader Spring Retreat||March 24, 2018
|Fall Forum Meetings||Thursday Evenings Fall 2018
|Application Available||January 10, 2018
|Application Deadline||February 15, 2018
|Interview Days||Week of February 26 - March 2, 2018
|Notify Applicants of Selection||March 9, 2018
Apply to be a Peer Leader
The 2018 Peer Leader Application will be available January 10, 2018.
Application, Resume, and Recommendation Letter are due February 15, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.