Before applying to be a Peer Leader, please review the requirements, responsibilities, and mandatory dates.
- Submit the Peer Leader application and required reference.
- Attend four 2-hour workshops in the spring.
- Attend a Peer Leader and Instructor Workshop.
- Attend all Compass Course classes.
- Create and sustain positive working relationships with paired instructor.
- Plan and execute out-of-classroom engagement opportunities for first-year students in their assigned course.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to assist with assessment and improvements of the Peer Leader program.
- Attend bi-weekly fall forum for the evaluation, reflection, and processing of the Peer Leader experience. Peer Leaders have the option to register for the fall forum as a 2 credit hour graded academic course on Thursdays from 5pm-7pm.
- Serve as mentor to first-year students.
- Serve as a role-model to first-year students.
- Assist with the instruction of first-year courses.
|Training Workshop 1||March 2, 2017
|Training Workshop 2||March 9, 2017
|Training Workshop 3||March 23, 2017
|Training Workshop 4||March 30, 2017
|Application Available||January 11, 2017
|Application Deadline||February 9, 2017
|Interview Days||February 16 & 17, 2017
|Notify Applicants of Selection||February 24, 2017
Apply to be a Peer Leader
The 2017 Peer Leader application is closed.
Application and Reference Form are due February 9, 2017, at Midnight!