Out 2 Lunch is a program that encourages students to engage with their faculty members outside of class and over casual conversation, which maximizes the UA community. In partnership with Bama Dining, first-year students have two opportunities to use their meal plan towards taking a faculty member out to lunch with the goal of increasing informal interaction and therefore improve their transition to The University of Alabama.
The Out 2 Lunch Experience
- Student invites his/her faculty or staff member to lunch, coffee, etc.
- The pair chooses an on-campus dining facility to enjoy a meal and engage in dialogue.
- Student uses guest meal (or dining dollars if they do not have a meal plan) to cover the faculty or staff member’s meal.
- Student and faculty or staff member enjoy dialogue.
- Student completes the assessment.
- If faculty or staff member has feedback of the experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the assessment is complete, Bama Dining will credit the student for the meal or dining dollars used to cover the faculty or staff member’s meal.
Out 2 Lunch Assessment
Have you taken a faculty or staff member Out 2 Lunch? Complete the Assessment Form.
Go-To Faculty and Staff
Do you need a faculty or staff member to take out to lunch?
Check out our Go-To Faculty and Staff List.