Camp 1831 is the perfect way to start your journey at The University of Alabama. It is a 3-day, 2-night program filled with activities centered around four main themes: adventure, leadership, service, and history & tradition. Participation in the full schedule is a must for this ULTIMATE first year experience!
This experience is all about getting comfortable on campus, developing friendships, learning about UA culture, and having fun! You will leave Camp 1831 confident and ready to begin life at the Capstone.
Benefits of Attending Camp 1831
Camp 1831 has many benefits for students in attendance! A few include:
- Becoming more comfortable with the UA campus before classes begin
- Meeting new friends and learning from upperclassman mentors
- Connecting with faculty and staff across all colleges and departments on campus
- Learning more about the history and traditions of The University of Alabama
- Gaining an appreciation of service, leadership, and adventure as well as how they relate to your college career
- Feeling prepared to start your first year at UA
Statistics from Fall 2019 Campers
According to Camp 1831 participants in fall 2019,
- 97% reported they agree or strongly agree that they feel a part of The University of Alabama community.
- 98% reported they agree or strongly agree that they made new friends.
- 95% reported they agree or strongly agree they are more comfortable interacting with faculty and staff
- 95% reported they agree or strongly agree with feeling more confident about their first year at UA.
2021 Session Dates
Don’t miss out on the ULTIMATE first year experience!
Session 1: August 9 – 11, 2021
Session 2: August 12 – 14, 2021
Camp 1831 Days are generally 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for Day 1 and Day 2 followed by 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Day 3. Participation in the full schedule is a must for this ULTIMATE first year experience!
Learn more about Camp 1831
To learn more about Camp 1831 and complete registration, visit the links to the left for Registration, Schedule, Participant Information, Frequently Asked Questions, and The A-Team.